Why is the CCTV camera not working？ If you have the following problems during the use, please refer to the following description to solve your problems:
CCTV camera not showing a picture
- Please check the power connection
- Please check the video signal cable connection
- Confirm whether the automatic aperture lens driving mode is correct. Please dial the camera lens selection switch to DC mode for the DC driving lens, and for the VIDEO driving lens, please dial the camera lens selection switch to VIDEO mode.
CCTV camera is not clear
- Check whether the lens is clean. If not, please use a clean cotton cloth to clean the lens.
- Adjust the brightness and contrast of the monitor.
- Check whether the camera lens is directly facing the intense light. If so, please adjust the position of the camera.
- Adjust the back focus of the camera.
The screen is black
- Please adjust the brightness and contrast of the monitor
- Use other 75 Ω equipment to check the problem and the connection terminal
- Check whether the level adjustment behind the camera turns off the light after the automatic aperture lens is used. If so, adjust the video output level according to the installation environment of the camera.
There is a problem with the camera.
- The camera’s surface is relatively hot, and black stripes appear during use.
- Check whether your power supply is configured according to the voltage range specified in the manual and whether the voltage output of your power supply has changed.
The screen flashes
- Check whether the lens of your camera is directly facing the intense light
- If an automatic aperture lens is connected, check the connection of the mechanical aperture lens.
After the camera runs for some time, the image appears wavy
Check whether there is a short circuit between the video cable core and copper sheet and whether there is a substantial interference source around.
How to stop the camera from flickering？
Check the video and power cables to see if they are in poor contact. In general, if the camera is equipped with a PTZ during use, the camera’s line is not handled correctly, and the cable is pulled back and forth during the rotation of the PTZ, resulting in broken wires in the cable and poor contact.
The camera is installed outdoors. Pay special attention to the waterproof treatment of the camera video head. If the camera BNC connector is oxidized, this problem will also occur.
CCTV camera flickering at night
CCTV camera flickering at night is one of the most common issues with CCTV cameras.
The reasons behind this phenomenon are simple: the camera’s sensor and lens are picking up light from different sources, which makes the image on your monitor look like it’s moving around.
But there are a few ways you can fix this problem. Here is a CCTV camera flickering at night tips:
1) Make sure your camera is set up correctly and positioned in a spot where there isn’t too much light pollution
2) Use infrared lighting close to your camera so that it doesn’t have to struggle with light pollution from other sources
CCTV camera picture not clear
Generally, when the working voltage of the camera is DC12V ± 1V, if the voltage is about 15V DC, this problem will occur after prolonged use. It is recommended to use 12V ± 1V voltage. Otherwise, the camera is easy to burn.
- Camera image difference
- The picture is noisy
- The video line of the camera is too far away
- The installation environment is dark
- Problems with the monitor itself
- The camera itself.
- Video capture card problem
The video file’s playback image is unclear, and the place where people move is very vague.
There are two reasons for this. One is that the original image acquisition is unclear due to the camera, environment, and hardware. Of course, the playback after compression is not clear.
The other is that the code stream setting is too small. Judging and replacing a camera is generally convenient if it is the first reason. If it is the second reason, pay attention to the settings. You can improve the video quality, but the disk space is also significant.
Number of days of disk recording
We are concerned about the number of days to save videos because DVR software has some space left when saving, which leads to a waste of hard disk space.
The code stream can be set smaller; Our latest software, IDVR, completely solves this problem. IDVR software uses advanced disk pre-allocation technology and more flexible disk allocation strategies. It can specify disk regions for each channel to improve disk writing efficiency.
Blinking green light on the security camera
You’ll see a green light when you turn on your security camera. If that light flashes, the device is working correctly—you can rest assured that your camera is recording footage.
CCTV power supply blinking
The first thing to do is check your power supply. If the blinking camera is flickering at night, it could mean that The blinking CCTV power supply indicates that the power supply is insufficient.
Please replace the power supply to keep the camera match powered. You might need to upgrade the wiring in the area where your cameras are installed or add more outlets.
If it’s flickering during the day, you should make sure there aren’t any holes in your walls or ceilings that could allow sunlight into the room where your surveillance system is housed.
Several reasons a CCTV security camera might fail to power on. You can contact us if you can’t turn on the CCTV camera. Our professional technical team will give you a perfect CCTV Power Adapter solution.